Saying goes that Home without a Cat is just a House and that Kitchen is the heart of the Home, so I guess, by some twisted logic, Cats belong in the kitchen 🙂 Our two rascals seems to think so anyhow, regardless of any saying. We had trouble Cat proofing the kitchen and making up ways to keep these two thieves out of the fridge (yes, they learned how to open the fridge) and of the counter-we’ll be exploring the trials and tribulations of Cat upbringing and Cat discipline in another post.
For now, 2 Stupid Cats-main chefs , cooking supervisors and gourmet experts bring to you this simple , tasty and semi-healthy recipe you will enjoy anytime.
Ingredients( 4 persons and 2 cats):
- 800 grams of fillet chicken breast (or with bone which you can use for soup)
- 500 grams broccoli
- 4-5 medium size potatoes
- 4 spoons of breadcrumbs
- 4 spoons of flour,
- 1 dcl milk
- 1 spoon sesame seeds
- 2 medium size eggs
- Seasoning: dry garlic, salt, ground pepper, seasoning mix, olive oil, chopped parsley
- frying oil
- chicken breast bones
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 celery root
- 4-5 carrots
- Wash the potatoes (no need to peel them) and put them in the bowl with cold water and let the cook while you prepare the meat.
- Wash and cut the broccoli and put them in a deep pan or wok with a little water-season them with salt, pepper and dry garlic, put on the cover and let them boil on medium heat. * If you don’t have steam cooker this is the second best way to prepare your veggies so they keep all the nutritional goodies inside. We like them “al dente” so we cook them just enough they soften a bit, but still keep that tasty crunchiness.
- Mix breadcrumbs and sesame seeds in one bowl, flour in the other, and mix two eggs with milk , one teaspoon on premixed seasoning (or salt and pepper) and a bit of dry garlic in the third bowl. Preheat the oil in the frying pan.
- If you are cutting chicken breast yourself keep in mind to keep the slices as thin as possible- it will shorten the frying time and the amount of oil soaked in the meat.
- When you have all of this prepared, take the meat and put it in the flour,then egg mix and then breadcrumbs and sesame mix and into the hot oil frying pan. Fry it until its golden colored on one side and then the other and take it out on the plate you previously put paper towel on to soak in excess oil.
- By the time you are done with or getting done with the chicken, potatoes and broccoli will be done-try the potato with the fork to see if it is cooked.
- Put the potato in the cold water to cool a bit and then peel the skin off-it should be a breeze. Chop it in the slices, put a bit of olive oil, ground pepper and salt and fine chopped parsley for color and taste if you like it and mix it.
- And voila 🙂
If you were using chicken breast with bones, preparation of soup is pretty easy. Clean the veggies, chop the carrots, slice the onion in half and also celery and parsley. Put all the ingredients in the pot-You can use fresh tomato or already peeled tomato from the can,put in the premixed seasoning or salt per your liking, pepper and of course chicken breast bones which will have left over meat from slicing.
It is done when carrots are cooked. Soup isn’t greasy but it will warm your soul in this cold winter days non the less.
Two stupid Cats wish you Boun Appetit -Meow!